Air-Conditioning was seen as a luxury not so many years ago. However, now it is the norm in most public places, offices, and transportation. It is part of daily life in some way or another, but that still does not mean that it is beneficial in every way.
Pros of Air-Conditioning:
- Lowering Temperatures: Extreme heat does have a rather big negative impact on physical activity and the intellect. Lower temperatures can rectify this problem.
- Improving Comfort Levels: This can be beneficial at home and at work. Whatever you must be busy with, will be done with a greater sense of comfort, leading to better work results.
- Improved Job Performance: Lower heat levels will increase energy levels, which will improve job performance, as well as, increase intellectual activity.
- Reduce Insects: Cooler air will reduce the presence of insects and parasites. A big plus point if you think about a mosquito or fly.
- Less Sweating: A cooler temperature will mean less sweating, which means the risk of dehydration is less.
When the Air-Conditioning Installation is done by experts, it is kept well maintained and clean; it will improve air quality and also keep out external allergens that may cause irritations.
Cons of Air-Conditioning:
- Dries out skin: Air-Conditioning has a drying effect on mucous membranes and the skin.
- Add to Noise: Even when running low, an Air-Conditioner will add to the noise levels.
- Worsening Eye Conditions: Eye conditions like blepharitis and conjunctivitis can get worse when staying too long in an Air-Conditioned room. Contact lens wearers can also experience problems.
- Air Circulation: Infectious diseases can be transmitted through the circulated air.
- Causing Chronic Irritations: Conditions such as Pharyngitis, chronic rhinitis, hoarseness and throat irritations is associated with air-conditioning.
Remember that sudden changes in humidity and temperatures can affect your whole system and affect the respiratory system. Room temperature should be kept between 21 – 25 grades Celsius and the humidity levels between 60% and 70% to be beneficial.
A professionally installed Air-Conditioning system should be serviced and maintained regularly to reduce the chances of problems occurring.